Would you like to be a Product Owner who is passionate about shaping the best online experiences for our visitors in their search towards finding and enrolling into a study program abroad? You will be responsible for the developments of our new product to support students in their application process with universities, that helps them find the study that fit best their interests and potential. We are disrupting the enrolment process of international students by using technology to make it easier for students to study abroad and also find the right study.
Preferably, you have already successfully designed and implemented online products in your previous job. You like to think of new business models that could reshape an industry. You are tech savvy, monitor trends in digital, and get excited by trying out new promising things.
The Studyportals Product Innovation Team is expanding and we want you to join it! Based on the input you gather, you will decide what products we should build next and you will make sure that they get implemented in the best way possible. As a real innovator you will be responsible for the application process of students, including the platform used by our counselling team that are helping the student in their journey to really help students find programs better, you also think about new services like bots, machine learning and recommendation tools.
Your responsibilities include, defining backlogs, monitoring your metrics, prioritization, and making sure that you and your scrum team are building the best products for our users.
Product innovation: managing a development team by prioritizing what features are worked on using a backlog. You connect the programmers and designers to the business.
Strategy: Defining the overarching long term product strategy for finding best matching study programmes better.
Understanding the user: Analysing research outcomes and translating user needs into epics and stories. Shaping user flows and inspiring your developers with feature concepts.
As Product Owner you will work in the Product Innovation department and report directly to the Director of Product. You will work closely with your scrum team, the Product Owners and Researchers, the Engineering team and the internal stakeholders.
- At least 2 years of experience in the online industry, having worked as a Product Owner/Manager.
- You are data-driven and you take decisions based on numbers and data. You have database knowledge, know how algorithms work and you get excited by large sets of data.
- You are business-minded and you know how to get the most value for our products.
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact with multidisciplinary stakeholders.
- You have experience with scrum methodology and/or other agile methods
- Analytic: you are highly analytical and data-driven innovation is really important for you. You make decisions based on data (e.g. A/B tests) and know where to find the metrics you need.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Emphatic skills: you can say no to people several times a day and still be liked! You’ll work with stakeholders from other departments and cultures.
- Familiarity with the international student world or, having lived abroad are advantages.
- Our mission and core values match your own and motivate you.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter in English.
- A full-time position, with full-on perks.
- 25 days paid leave (with the possibility to buy/sell 5 days).
- Competitive salary, including an excellent, performance-based bonus scheme (we like to give credit where credit is due).
- An annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- A discount for a collective insurance package with AON, covering public and private insurances, from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurances.
- Extras that make life more interesting such as a laptop of your choice, fresh fruit, coffee and tea in the office, beer Fridays etc.
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs.
- Get on a career path, not just on another job.
- A great company environment that is serious about fun with everything we do. That includes frequent memorable team events, table tennis, slide, karaoke nights (it’s okay if you don’t sing) etc.
- The opportunity to make our world a little better. Be at the core of the growth phase of a study choice giant that the global market is desperately waiting for.
- Located in the vibrant Strijp-S area in Eindhoven. An exciting hub of entrepreneurship, technology and design, just 10 minutes from the city centre and 15 minutes away from the airport.
Get to know more about who we are via our social media channels:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/studyportals and www.facebook.com/studyportalscareers
You can also read our product-focused blog post, to get a better idea about what we do: https://www.studyportals.com/blog/how-the-student-...
Studyportals is committed to safeguarding your privacy and protecting your personal data. For information on how we process the personal data included in your application please see our Privacy Notice for Applicants.